Harvey Weinstein has secretly been indicted on rape charges in Los Angeles, according to a report on Sunday.
The indictment against the disgraced movie mogul was brought by an LA grand jury a few weeks ago,Fox News reported.
It remains under seal but is expected to be publicly revealed on Monday, during an extradition hearing for Weinstein, 69, in Erie County, New York.
An arrest warrant for the pervy producer will also be made public then, the report said.
Los Angeles authorities have been seeking to bring Weinstein to the Golden State to face sex-crime charges there.
He’s currently serving a 23-year sentence for rape and criminal sex act at the Wende Correctional Facility in Erie County.
RELATED: Graphic new claims against Weinstein
The LA indictment, according to Fox, is virtually identical to the criminal complaint filed against Weinstein in January 2020 by the LA County District Attorney’s Office.
Weinstein is charged in California with 11 counts of rape, sexual battery and other offences stemming from the allegations of five women. If convicted, he faces 140 years to life in prison.
The ruined Hollywood bigshot was found guilty by a Manhattan jury in February 2020 of raping hairstylist Jessica Mann in 2013 and forcibly performing oral sex on former Project Runway TV staffer Miriam “Mimi” Haleyi in 2006.
He appealed the conviction earlier this month, claiming he was “deprived of a fair trial”.
Weinstein’s extradition to the City of Angels was pushed back twice due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the DA’s office is done waiting. The indictment could streamline the process, according to Fox.
His lawyers are expected to ask for another delay of the extradition on Monday, citing his “poor” health conditions, the report said.
Weinstein’s lawyer in the LA case declined to comment to Fox. The DA’s office didn’t return a request from the outlet about the secret indictment.
This article originally appeared on Page Six and was reproduced with permission