UFC star Dustin Poirier has accused Conor McGregor of breaking a promise of donating to his charity, but The Notorious has already hit back.
As if the July 10 rematch doesn’t have enough spice after Poirier kicked McGregor into submission with a second round TKO in January, the American has now accused McGregor of ghosting him about a promised $US500,000 ($A655,000) donation.
Watch Live UFC with ESPN on Kayo. Full Fight Night Events, PPV Prelims & More. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
Poirier and his wife Jolie run The Good Fight Foundation to help underserved communities in Louisiana.
It comes after a UFC video titled The Thrill and the Agony was released following the fight with Jolie meeting with McGregor to thank him for the donation.
McGregor was sweet to the wife of the man who had just so easily dispatched him.
“Hello Jolie, how are you?” he asked.
“I just wanted to say thank you so much,” Jolie said.
McGregor added: “Congratulations tonight, he fought a great fight.”
Jolie replied: “Thank you for everything. It’s going to help change a lot of people’s lives.”
McGregor’s stocks have taken somewhat of a dive in the UFC since the initial defeat but it didn’t stop him from taking to social media to share his prediction for the UFC 264 fight.
“The prediction is in! I’m going to win the trilogy fight via A Front Kick to the nose. Round number 4. His Nose needs straightenin and I’m Rhinoplasty”.
But Poirier didn’t want to talk predictions.
Despite MMA Junkie reporting before January’s fight that representatives from both teams had confirmed banking information had been exchanged, Poirier tweeted that McGregor hadn’t paid what he had promised.
“That’s a fun prediction! @TheNotoriousMMA you also predicted a donation to my foundation and you and your team stopped responding after the fight in January. See you soon. July 10th Paid In Full!”
A social media user replied to Poirier saying it was just a way to promote the fight, but the American alleged McGregor’s team had stopped replying to his messages.
“We thanked him because his team reached out fight week to initiate the process but ghosted us the past 2 months after the fight. My foundation has reached out 3 times since with no reply. We’ve moved past it! We will be announcing our next goal soon! It’s a big one,” he tweeted.
But it didn’t take long for McGregor to hit back to rebuff the claims, saying he was still waiting on Poirier to share where the money would be spent.
It sounds like the donation could be off.
But Poirier had one last message.
“100% never a debt. You offered, we accepted, and like I said your Team never responded to our emails regarding the process of where funds would be put to work! July 10th you will taste defeat yet Again,” he wrote.
It’s unlikely that we’ve heard the end of this one.