Former radio shock jock Alan Jones has again come out swinging against the Sussexes, questioning “will that Markle woman and Harry not go away?”
Jones has repeatedly lashed the Sussexes on his Sky News show, last night suggesting the couple should’ve been locked up after their stunning interviews with Oprah Winfrey, which have created an unprecedented crisis for the royal family.
“My observations are best summed up by a reader,” Jones said.
“If Queen Elizabeth I was still on throne, Harry and Meghan would’ve been booked into the Tower of London for an extended stay by now, in the penthouse suite of course.”
In an earlier rant, Jones accused Prince Harry of wiping away all public support and blastted Meghan Markle as “fake” and “unworthy”.
Jones has repeatedly addressed the couple’s ongoing interviews with Oprah Winfrey, suggesting their claims about racism and the lack of the support provided by the royal family would have left people feeling sick.
“I am sure there were many people reaching for the chuck bucket over this Oprah Winfrey interview,” he said last week.
“If these two had any public support left, which I doubt, it was all lost today.”
The royal family found themselves at the centre of a crisis after the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry levelled a number of accusations at the “Institution”, a term used to refer to the palace.
Meghan revealed she reached a point where she “didn’t want to be alive anymore” and said she was refused help from the royal family. The couple also claimed the royal family played a role in “perpetuating falsehoods” against them to the British tabloids.
But one of the most concerning allegations was Prince Harry revealing a member of the royal family expressed concerns about what colour his son Archie’s skin might be.
But Jones called on the couple to put a name to the allegation and out the royal.
“The Meghan Markle way you see … Condemn everyone, name no one – the tactic of an unworthy person,” Jones said.
The Sky News host also commented on Meghan and Harry revealing they had married in private, a day before their massive, televised wedding.
“That about sums it up doesn’t it. The wedding was a fake – the lady’s a fake,” he said.
Controversial TV personality Piers Morgan lost his job on Good Morning Britain last week after he suggested the royal couple were lying.
Morgan’s rant, spread across two episodes broadcast on March 8 and 9, also broke the record for the number of complaints to the UK’s television regulator.
More than 57,000 people complained after Morgan said he “didn’t believe a word” of the duchess revealing she had been suicidal.
Despite the backlash, Morgan continues to double down on his comments.